1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Frying steak?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by daffodilval, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Hi, sorry not been on here for a while, hope you are all well.
    I have had some frying steak from tesco but other than the usual stir fry, I need new ideas as what to to with it, don't even know what type of steak it is, but judgeing from the price, its a cheap steak..
    Any ideas warmly welcome....thanks

2. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Stroganoff?
    Beef and green peppers in black bean sauce?
    Crispy fried chilli beef?
    A steak sarnie with lots of fried onions?
    Will keep thinking...

3. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Beef olives?

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

mmmm my favourite!

5. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Beef schnitzel or stroganoff...[​IMG]

6. I would go for stroganoff or beef olives.
    If it is a cheap cut, I would personally be wary of quick frying such as stir fry, as I reckon it will need cooking a bit longer to become tender (if making olives, give the meat a bit of a bash to flatten and tenderise).

7. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

bash it about a bit, then crush some garlic and rosemary and pepper, mix with a little olive oil and leave overnight in the fridge to marinate. For lunch simply remove any garlic and rosemary bits, very hot pan, flash fry it and then have as a sort of prego roll. If you want to go the whole hog, then chuck some onions and the garlic and rosemary into the pan after cooking the steak, soften then as it gets hot again chuck in a bayleaf, a glass of white wine and a pinch of dried chilli flakes, reduce and mop up with the roll (toasted) so you get a tasty juicy sandwich.
    Used to do the non-wine version every Saturday for breakfast!!