1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Frozen Egg Dish Help Please?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Motherofchikkins, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

I seem to have a surplus of eggs just now that I can't give away, let alone sell. I was thinking of making some frozen egg dishes. I read about Quiche-in-a-bag - you basically make up the quiche filling then freeze it. Will this actually work? Is it better to just cook a quiche and freeze it? Can I freeze grated cheese in with the eggs etc? Is there anything else I can do apart from quiche?!

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received, thanks :)

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'd make the quiche and freeze it. I believe you can freeze whole or beaten eggs but I've never done it.

3. JTL

JTL Occasional commenter

I know this isn't answering your question, but have you considered pickled eggs?

BelleDuJour likes this.
  4. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

You could make custard tarts or tortillas (Spanish omelettes) and freeze them cooked, tortillas use a lot of eggs !
    I regularly freeze egg whites and when I have enough make meringues or pavlova. Just remember to mark how many in each bag or container