1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

fronter scheme of work

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by foxydan, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi All,
    I'd like your opinion on something. I have created a fronter scheme of work for my primary school which includes 6 lessons for each year group 1-6 which are progressive in terms of introducing new tools and skills in each year. The pack also includes an overview of expectation and progression. It will enable teachers and learners (pupils) to get on and use fronter.
    I know most schools struggle with fronter in terms of what to use it for and how to integrate it into their curriculum. My question is would other schools be interested in this? I am asking as I am looking to go into consulting in the near future and wondered whether I could use this pack in my work.
    I'd like to get people's opinions on whether schools would be interested in something like this. Any comments would be most appreciated.

2. Hi All,
    I'd like your opinion on something. I have created a fronter scheme of work for my primary school which includes 6 lessons for each year group 1-6 which are progressive in terms of introducing new tools and skills in each year. The pack also includes an overview of expectation and progression. It will enable teachers and learners (pupils) to get on and use fronter.
    I know most schools struggle with fronter in terms of what to use it for and how to integrate it into their curriculum. My question is would other schools be interested in this? I am asking as I am looking to go into consulting in the near future and wondered whether I could use this pack in my work.
    I'd like to get people's opinions on whether schools would be interested in something like this. Any comments would be most appreciated.

3. Normal

false
    false
    false

EN-GB
    X-NONE
    X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-qformat:yes;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
    mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
    line-height:115%;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Already there is a service provided by Fronter, which is free
    online. It is called a Learning Platform Review. We use Elluminate to conduct
    the meeting with your schools senior leadership team to get an understanding of
    where you are with your learning platform now, before plotting further
    implementation strategies for the future. If this is something you would like to
    explore, reply by return or email uk@fronter.com and I'll get back to you with details on how to book
    this.
    We've also got various different project rooms created using Pearson Resource
    Gateway content, which I can give you more information on, or you can check out the
    Fronter website. Or if you would like more information we are happy to help in
    any way that we can.
    Fronter Team

4. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

I think you're missing the point of the VLE. The use of the VLE is, or should be, a mechanism for supporting the learning, not the learning outcome per se.

5. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

DEmsley, more and more I think we may have been separated at birth. I find myself agreeing with everything you say.
    The OP has spectactularly missed the point of a VLE, and I'd question the worth of Fronter if (1) students need 6 lessons to get to grips with it, and (2) you're struggling to find something useful to use it for.

6. I think some of you have misunderstood what i have said. The outcomes are not for students to get to grips with fronter although they do learn how to use it but are put in a different context. One example is when forums are covered in one unit. The outcome is to cover aspects of e-safety and staying safe online, as well as how forums can be used in school to communicate e.g. homework help forums.

7. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

To be truthful I don't understand what you have created either. Perhaps you could expand as they way I read it is that you have created 6 lessons to show kids how to use fronter. If a vle is worth it's salt then it should take about 2 minutes to show kids how to use it.

8. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Not quite what you said, or what I understood, from the OP. Anyway as an introduction to Forums we use the VLE for students to peer assess each other's work. No mention of the word forum in the first instance, or for quite a while actually.
    The VLE's a tool for delivery. I can see a discussion on e-safety being useful [​IMG] and using the forum to do it may be an appropriate vehicle to do so.