1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fronter images

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Trendy Art, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Senior commenter

I added a banner image into a container across the top of a page I was creating.
    It is not quite big enough length ways to fit into the container.
    I had found a way of getting the image to stretch to 100% of the container, but forgot how to do it.
    Can anyone remember what to do?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Trendy Art

I added a banner image into a container across the top of a page I was creating.
    It is not quite big enough length ways to fit into the container.
    I had found a way of getting the image to stretch to 100% of the container, but forgot how to do it.
    Can anyone remember what to do?
    Thanks in advance.

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

right click, properies, use scale to match either pixels or % (from memory)

4. Trendy Art

Yes - that was what I was thinking, though when you do that with right click > image properties, when editing the container, it doesn't give you the % option. Only changing the dimension size.
    Any other ideas?

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Had a quick look, see what you mean about the % propety not being ther - how about setting your width size to the same as the container?

6. Trendy Art

That's what I ended up doing in the end. It's about getting the pixel width right so it looks OK at different resolutions on laptops, etc.
    Cheers for the responses!