1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

From year 4 to reception!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by elgileu2, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Waterfin, that sounds fun and easy to do! So were the conkers encased in ice or was the ice seperate?
    Bubbles we have done but are always good fun so thanks for suggesting it. x

2. Singup and minnieminx - i gathered that! But always useful to clarify! Cooked spaghetti in water sounds slimy!!

3. This is brilliant sandyjohn - thanks so much for the link!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Don't blame me!! I teach year 2. Spaghetti in water sounds just fine for reception. ????

Maybe a science experiment...put some uncooked spaghetti in water and play for ages. See how long until it goes soggy. Compare with other pasta shapes. Compare with other materials such as cornflakes.

5. No reason not to try the spag in the water, just never tried it myself! Thinking of things along the lines of water I filled rubber gloves with water and tied the ends up. I froze them and then put them in the water for the children to feel (still inside the gloves). We waited to see how long the ice took to melt and which parts of the glove melted first. Led to lots of good discussions. Bit off topic, but this led onto experiments with chocolate in zip lock bags with children placing them in the different areas of the classroom to see what would happen. Some melted and some didn't and the children came up with lots of good ideas about why.