1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

From the body language of babes and sucklings!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TCSC47, Nov 11, 2016.

1. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

When The Donald parades his family out on stage at his victory party we get one of those moments when a child tells us the truth. The look on young Barron's face tells us all we need to know of what The Donald and the rest of his family are thinking. "My God, what the **** have we done !?. We have to run the ******* country now! The rest of the clan are smiling and laughing but young Barron just looks on in horror and clearly does not want to be there.

I couldn't find a video shot of the Trump family parading out at their victory party, but in the vein of "From the mouths of babes and sucklings, young Barron tells us what is really going on in The Donald's head.

God help us!

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

There was a clip on Facebook of his teenage daughter positively recoiling when he touched her but I can't find the link now.

3. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

You'd recoil too!

InkyP likes this.
  4. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

How do you know what a kid was thinking in the middle of the night? A narrative framed to reflect your own views.

5. thistledoo

thistledoo Senior commenter

I thought Trump looked shell-shocked and his body language was submissive. The same thoughts occurred to me! He definitely gave the impression as you aptly put it,

Ditto!

Mangleworzle likes this.
  6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

One commentator likened him to the stupid noisy dog who chases cars up and down the main street of the town, then one day catches one and doesn't know what to do next.

The name Boris springs to mind in this context too.

TCSC47 and Mangleworzle like this.
  7. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

He looks to me as though he just needs some sleep - and, like most 10 year-olds, doesn't like having to wear a suit and tie, or be paraded on stage by his parents.

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

..and now faces moving home and entering his teens under the world media's spotlight, surrounded by Secret Service men and with a largely absentee father. Small wonder he looked underwhelmed.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I noticed that too. Strange!!

From my own dad?

10. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

"This story has been updated to reflect the ambiguity of the encounter. An earlier version of this story said Tiffany Trump avoided her father’s kiss. Upon further review, it appears Trump may have been reaching out to shake someone else’s hand."