1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

From TA to Deputy Safeguarding Lead?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by EmDuffy, Oct 27, 2019.

1. EmDuffy

EmDuffy New commenter

Hello, I’ve recently changed my career direction from training to teach secondary to wanting to just be in a pastoral role as this is what I’m seemingly more passionate about on the whole. I’ve recently found a post for a deputy safeguarding lead at a school and could do with some advice.

I’ve worked for the past 3 years as a level 3 teaching assistant and have worked closely with a range of young people with SEN and SEMH. I also manage a children’s camp during school holidays which also involves working with children with additional needs and liaising with parents etc.

I’m conscious of that I’ve never been in such a role before that I’m at a disadvantage as a result.

Please can I have some pointers as what they might look for particularly in my application and what I should focus on writing about with regards to experience etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thank you in advance.

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

Any DSL needs to be member of the SLT so you need to show that you are able to contribute at a leadership level.