1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

From Russia With Love

Discussion in 'Personal' started by felltogroundinberkeleysquare, Aug 25, 2015.

1. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

2. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Nope. You've lost me.

3. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

It's a story of a girl born in Russia ( Siberia) who was later in Ukraine, but then went back to Russia (forgive my geography) and it keeps changing. For some reason she was disliked in her school, and effectively thrown out of a window and nearly broke her back, but she landed in a bush, which probably saved her, this done by the local police chief's daughter. She and her mother made it to Southern France eventually, and they are not without family outside Russia.

My son has known her for three years, and now she is over on a marriage visa, but I cannot believe the cruelty done to her in her 22 years, and I am not so stupid as to be duped by a very bright ( speaks 4 languages) but damaged young person. I love her bubbly personality, which to some extent has been lacking in some of my family, and I see so much romance in it, and also so much opportunity for her: so from Russia with love.

4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Well, congratulations on your future daughter in law. I hope they're happy together.

5. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

I think they will be if she has anything to do with it. Reminds me of myself in those darker days. My daughters have had it easy compared to her.

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Things are going well for your family. That's really nice to hear. And reminds us how lucky we are to have been born in the UK.

7. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

Indeed! However there are so many issues within our own country, and I guess my situation is microcosm of what else is happening in the world. Yea, I am off to la la land for today. S ( Witchy ) off time now?

8. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

To be a woman in the UK in 2015 (despite not being yet perfect) is still a lot better than being born almost anywhere else.

Have a good evening.

9. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

Yes, we considered making a set of Russian dolls, with S being the smallest, but it is how to get me and me two daughters into it at all five ten, with only the egg at six two and his majesty at somewhere between six three and four ( he hasn't let me measure him since he was 18)! Still, I have have high hopes for her, and to see such determination in a young woman is rather refreshing.