1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

from beginner to GCSE in 8 terms

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ruthht, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Just an observation: despite the good intentions of http://www.mflresources.org.uk
    be wary of the worksheets; some of them are RIDDLED with errors.

2. Am very interested too. Could i be sent this too? Thanks

muffled@sky.com

3. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Hey, bandwagonjumpers!

I suggest you read the whole thread. I did, purely so see who was posting in 2002 (it was before my time).

If you do, you'll find that the OP never posted anything to anyone, as apparently she had been very ill. I think you are wasting your time, although Sharon Foley might be able to guide you.

4. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

...and susanmerrick also offers (offered - it was four years ago) help.

5. Hi - I feel we are going to go down this path as well in the near future and would appreciate if you could send me this as well at regwo15@yahoo.com - if it's not too late for you to do so.
    Would really love to hear from you.

6. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Oh my goodness...

Wouldn't a debate on the merits/disadvantages of accelerated learning be much more interesting?

MM

7. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

As you're all probably sick of hearing by now, we've just put our first cohort of Y9s through GCSE French.

8. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Definitely not Geekie - it's a great experiment!

If we had had more time to go into the logistics of putting our year 9s through we would be all set up for next year - unfortunately not though!

MM

9. OMG this thread is back from the dead!!

I'm happy to share my experiences of accelerating the learning of my pupils: beginner to GCSE in pretty much 8 terms.

I've emailed everyone on this thread who posted their address (apart from those on page 10!!). I'll get round to it tomorrow.

If anyone else wants me to share I'm happy to.

10. actually I wouldn't mind jumping on the bandwagon too- we offer a 2nd language in both Y8 and Y9...
    meme12340 "at" gmail.com Thanks in advance.

11. cathy26_2001

cathy26_2001 New commenter

it sounds great. could you email me the details? im a new HOD and looking at express groups taking GCSE early in the future.

cathy26_2001@yahoo.co.uk

12. bergh

bergh New commenter

13. mitchellj

mitchellj New commenter

Could you please send it to me as well. Thank you jacquelinehorne@hotmail dot co dot uk.