1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Friendship Week

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by lornao, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Hi,
    We are planning a whole school Friendship week for January. Does anyone have any fab ideas? Unfortunately we've already used The Rainbow Fish! Any suggestions would be greatfully received!
    Thanks,
    Lorna

2. Hi,
    We are planning a whole school Friendship week for January. Does anyone have any fab ideas? Unfortunately we've already used The Rainbow Fish! Any suggestions would be greatfully received!
    Thanks,
    Lorna

3. anthonyjones

anthonyjones New commenter

Maybe you could get pupils who dislike each other to patch-up their differences?

4. I think this is a lovely idea.

Have a 'Qualities of Friendship' assembly.

Have circle time about 'what makes a good friend'.

Follow up in form groups.

Institute a 'friendship bench'.

Do 'friendship' poetry in literature.

Surely there are endless posibilities??

Take photos of qualities of friendship (kindness, helpfulness, understanding) and act them out. Make friends with puppets. Look after pets. Talk/ write about being new in a class.

Come on? Surely you can manage this? It basic a human skill, not long divison.

5. Plait friendship bracelets

6. I have some lovely activities, friendship recipes and friendship flowers - have photos of the displays if you need them.

7. I would like to do something like this with my new class in Jan. May I see the pictures Juliateacher please? kirstos@yahoo.com

8. Hi,

I am doing this theme next term. Any chance I could have a look at the photos?
    (I would really appreciate a reply as nooone has yet responded to any requests which slightly peeves me when I have responded to theirs)
    Thanks.

vanessa.edwards@cockshut.bham.sch.uk

9. amt

amt

Check out the SEALs materials for ideas on friendships, especially the getting on and falling out theme although that was last term. Was in a school today and saw a display of "recipe" for a friend, recipes, poems drawings etc etc.

10. Here are the things we are planning for ours later this term:

1) in form classes each student draws round their hand - colouring it/decorating etc as they like. then we will stick them all along the corridors to form a 'hands of friendship' chain
    2) we are going to allow nominations for a special friendship award. it is not a case of who gets the most nominations, but who has shown themself to be a true friend
    3) music are going to have a friendship rap competition
    4) we are going to have a 'caught being friendly' day - and staff will give keyrings to those who get caught
    5) a special assembly will have a student performance on friendship and bullying

a few months back (Sept?) we got a pack in on anti-bullying week. i cant remember their website but it had loads of great links for this type of thing.

11. I know this post was a very long time ago but would really apreciate it I could see the photos if you still have them. jenniholby@hotmail.com