1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Friendship Day activities?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lightbulb100, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Hi there- we are organising a Friendship Day at our school to link in to raising money for Save the Children.
    I've come up with making friendship bracelets, a balloon race with a message of friendship attached to them, giving friendship tokens, making friendship recipes etc etc...
    Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas or activities they have done in the past? Also, can anyone recommend a good short story to demonstrate friendship/falling out?

Cheers!

2. Hi there- we are organising a Friendship Day at our school to link in to raising money for Save the Children.
    I've come up with making friendship bracelets, a balloon race with a message of friendship attached to them, giving friendship tokens, making friendship recipes etc etc...
    Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas or activities they have done in the past? Also, can anyone recommend a good short story to demonstrate friendship/falling out?

Cheers!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Hi- thanks.
    It's the whole school (Rec-Year 6). I was hoping to do activities that they could all participate in, although not sure if this'll be totally feasible!

5. marlin

Have you looked at the SEAL assembly materials for short stories about friendship?
    This is called getting on and falling out:
    http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/65877?uc=force_uj
    These are the presentation slides:
    http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/66167?uc=force_uj

If you want one book for all years I wonder if one of the Anthony Browne books might be considered? Although picture books, they can be used across the primary range. ***** and Hugh maybe? I don't know them well enough to suggest which of his books is best, but perhaps others will have a suggestion.

6. marlin