1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Friends in high places

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by nearmiss, Nov 1, 2015.

1. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

Instead of thrashing out the pros and cons of agencies on here, please note that some MPs, even Conservatives, are concerned about the current state of supply. An Early Day Motion has been tabled in Parliament.
    You can contact your MP about this, whichever side of the fence you sit.
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2015-16/613

snowyhead likes this.
  2. cc2lwa

cc2lwa New commenter

Hi nearmiss, I read the article - good to see supply agencies are under discussion. One of the agencies mentioned is one that's been paying me pro rata, or paying me different daily rates and not informing me, really wish they could be made more accountable for the way they operate.
    Thanks for highlighting the article.

3. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

Letter already sent to my MP:)

4. PizzoCalabro

PizzoCalabro Established commenter

I recently contacted my MP last week about another matter affecting my son, MP was fab, and actually did sort it for me immediately by putting [pressure on the Chief Exec of the LA, so
    don't think it would be reasonable to ask him another favour so soon...

5. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

Well, the EDM will be on the table for ages, so give it a few weeks. I would have thought the old flattery, "thank for your prompt and invaluable intervention etc." might actually give you some leverage. They love a bit of shmoose.

6. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Your MP must be better then mine. I have contacted him about the supply issue, as well as to my union and the various regulatory bodies and none have ever replied.