1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Friday 13th

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lalad, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Lalad

Lalad Lead commenter

Train station - machine in the office broke down while the person in front of me was trying to buy tickets. Small station so they said they couldn't sell any tickets, nor could we buy them on the train until the problem was fixed. Watched as the train came in, waited for a while, and then pulled out again, leaving us all ticketless on the platform. Trip to London has had to be put off until tomorrow.
    Motor Insurance - tried to add a temporary driver to my policy. Clerk was taking the details when his computer crashed and he told me the system was down, so he couldn't make the adjustment. When I joked that it must be because of Friday 13th and mentioned the problem with the train tickets he got very serious and said he thought that Friday 13th was definitely the problem and that it was a nationwide issue!
    Did anyone else have Friday 13th problems?

2. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

No problems for me. Are you sure it's not just a conspiracy against you?
    Insurance guy was very sincere, wasn't he? Bless!