1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French to English / English to French classroom conversational exchange

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by LM2205smith, Jan 22, 2016.

1. LM2205smith

LM2205smith New commenter

Good morning

I wanted to post below on behalf of a teacher I know who is in France and teaches in a Primary school. Whilst I understand it is the norm for English students to start French at an older age and I do not teach in mainstream education here in the UK, I did not know whether any Primary schools do now start to teach French earlier.

If you do teach French to Primary school children and would be interested in a conversational exchange of the language via SKYPE or something similar, please contact me and I will put you in touch with Irina in France.

I look forward to hearing from any interested parties.

"Hello. I would like to introduce myself. I am Irina and I am currently working in a French primary school and I am interested in finding other schools would be interested in taking part in the exchange of language French to English / English to French. My pupils (6-11 years old) are studying British English and I would be pleased to hear from schools in the United Kingdom. If you are interested, perhaps you could email me so we can arrange a SKYPE call to discuss this further."

2. gangies

gangies New commenter

I live in Poland now and I'm learning French in international school gdańsk http://www.berlitz.pl/en/gdansk because I like their method of teaching. But I have never tried to learn by skype. This is very interesting for me and maybe I should try. Does anybody have any experience with that kind of learning? How expensive could it be?