1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French SKE

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mike_noale, Dec 11, 2018.

1. mike_noale

mike_noale New commenter

Hello,

I finally had a conditional offer and I need to do an 8 week SKE in French.

I work full time and I wondered if anyone has done it already?
    Is it feasible?

Thanks

Mike

2. rillette

rillette New commenter

Is it online or face to face? I had to attend a face to face one. It was hard work, but brilliant.

3. stavanger14

stavanger14 New commenter

I did an online one in which you had to do the units on Rosetta Stone. It was pretty useless as there was no actual teaching!

4. kpjf

kpjf Occasional commenter

A full-time in person one would be much better. You say you have a full-time job but at the end of the day you'll have to quit your job for the PGCE so why not do the full-time one? You do realise you get money for it? At least when I was applying for it there was a kind of stipend and you got to go on a fully-paid trip to France (e.g. La Rochelle or Paris), however, of course there are limited places. An online one might not prepare you as well though even at that I doubt an 8 week course would prepare you to teach the subject.

With French, spelling and pronunciation is very difficult to grasp at the early stages. It takes time.