1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French Secondary Curriculum and good, complete text books

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Janna5, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Dear Joe and everybody,
    I am thinking about training as a Secondary French teacher.
    I have sent my application to 4 universities a couple of days ago, hopefully fingers crossed.
    In the meantime I would like to have an idea of what KS3 and KS4 pupils are learning. I am from France and I really need to have a global idea of the requirements of the National Curriculum for French Secondary school level.
    I have spent the last year volunteering in a primary school so I have no idea about Secondary (Just 2 days spent in a Secondary School during a teacher Taster Course).
    Any good websites, resources and text books you would advice to a trainee teacher or NQT would be welcome as well, if I don't find a place this year I will have time to prepare for next year, I am a bit of an 'organisational-control-freak' lol that's me.

Thank you and glad to be here!

Janna

2. dalej

dalej New commenter

I suggest you have a look at the new KS3 curriculum for MFL as a starter although this will be changing when the new goverrnment publish their own curriculum review sometime soon.
    http://curriculum.qcda.gov.uk/key-stages-3-and-4/subjects/key-stage-3/modern-foreign-languages/index.aspx
    I also suggest you ask if you can come and shadow a local MFL department for a couple of days as this will give you an invaluable insight into what it is to be a secondary MFL teacher.
    You could also go to a bookshop and have a look at some of the KS3 and KS4 textbooks in the MFL section.
    Hope that helps.
    Good luck.
    Joe