1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French schemes of work

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Sylviee, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I am having to write to a scheme of work for French for pupils ranging from MLD to PMLD. I haven't got a previous scheme to work from so was wondering if anyone would be willing to share any tips/schemes? I would be willing to share other resources in return.
    Thanks!
    Sylviee

2. Hi,
    I am having to write to a scheme of work for French for pupils ranging from MLD to PMLD. I haven't got a previous scheme to work from so was wondering if anyone would be willing to share any tips/schemes? I would be willing to share other resources in return.
    Thanks!
    Sylviee

3. Dodros

Dodros Established commenter

I'd be very interested in seeing a copy of your completed scheme of work, Sylviee. I maintain a bibliography of modern foreign languages and special educational needs on my website at
    http://www.specialeducationalneeds.com/mfl/biblio.doc
    The document has separate sections for Moderate Learning Difficulties and Severe Learning Difficulties with 11 and 33 references respectively. There will be many broken links among them, particularly when the information providers are special schools, but those schools are still likely to exist and you may wish to contact them to find out whether they are willing to share their schemes of work for MFL with you. A shining example of good practice is Priory Woods School in Middlesborough, which used to have a MFL scheme of work on its website. This special school's website indicates that MFL is still taught to its students and it may be worth making contact.
    http://www.priorywoods.middlesbrough.sch.uk/
    A major survey of good MFL/SEN practice in the UK and elsewhere was conducted a few years ago on behalf of the EU. Special schools were well covered in this publication. The report is available here:
    http://ec.europa.eu/education/languages/pdf/doc647_en.pdf
    For general advice on MFL SOW writing, you may find it helpful to repost your message on the TES MFL forum.

4. Thank you very much for this info Dodros. I would be happy to share my completed schemes of work for MFL with you when they're done.

5. Hi Dodros,
    I would be happy to share my SoW for French with you, if you PM me your email address.
    Thanks for your help before.
    Sylviee

6. Dodros

Dodros Established commenter

Thanks, Sylviee. I've PM'd you with my email address.

7. Hi Sylviee

Only just read your post. I work in a Special school teaching French and Spanish to KS2 and KS3 from SLD to MLD. This is my second year, so I have two years of Medium Term Plans if you are interested in seeing them. I have created some resources myself and have borrowed heavily from TES and Primary Resources. Have you found "La Chenille qui fait des trous?". Brilliant for teaching days of the week, and can be simplified. Is there any way I can give you my email address?

Alison Lakin

8. Hi

Was just doing a search for this very topic and came across your post. Could you let me know how you got on as I find myself in the same position now.

Thanks

Pete