1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French resource wishlist

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by lemiss, Jan 21, 2012.

1. lemiss

lemiss New commenter

just wondering what resources teachers would buy for their department if they could....
    I would like some voice recorders, a digital camera, mini whiteboards and big dictionaries but I was wondering what else people would buy if they could. I'm currently in a department that seems to consist only of Metro text books- any suggestions for some good photocopiable books (grammar games, speaking activities, cross curricular ideas), website subscriptions, dvds (particularly with the Scottish curriculum in mind) Thanks

2. cremeegg

cremeegg New commenter

expo is good because it comes with a programme that brings the text book pages up on the projector.

3. Kleeblatt

Kleeblatt New commenter

When I took over my department resources wise we were similar. There was a bit of moneyin the kitty so I made up a box for each room with mini whiteboards, dice, wipeablebig dice, highlighters, traffic lights cards.
    Also bought 2 voice recorders and lots of coomber cd players. Some new headphones and decent verb tables for KS5.

I quite like the Martine Pillette stuff for ideas and am going to have a look at the various phonics planets resources...

I would quite like one of those machines (the names of which I can't remember!) which looks a bit like a lamp, but scans work and projects immediately...

4. They are called "visualisers" and are jolly useful.
    Often other departments have kit like this and don't use it/ or indeed know how to use it. I've found asking to borrow on a 'long lend' quite effective.

5. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter