1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French private tuition - Year 10

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mrfabs, Feb 8, 2011.

1. mrfabs

mrfabs New commenter

Hi

I am native French and I give private tuitions; I currently give tuitions to a year 10 student.

Im fine in tems of explaining grammatically points and giving him the support where he struggles but I find it hard in terms of preparing him to exams.
    Would anybody have any advice? What should he be able to do to get a A?

Could you recommend any link or free download for French exam paper?

Thanks.

2. mrfabs

mrfabs New commenter

Hi

I am native French and I give private tuitions; I currently give tuitions to a year 10 student.

Im fine in tems of explaining grammatically points and giving him the support where he struggles but I find it hard in terms of preparing him to exams.
    Would anybody have any advice? What should he be able to do to get a A?

Could you recommend any link or free download for French exam paper?

Thanks.

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

Go to the website of the exam, he is studying: you can download the entire specification and some sample an dpast papers.
    Effectively, in W and S: C = 3 tenses; B = 4 tenses; A = 5 tenses ..... all with negation, opinion, justification, conjunctions and an ability to narrate/explain

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

Go to the website of the exam, he is studying: you can download the entire specification and some sample an dpast papers.
    Effectively, in W and S: C = 3 tenses; B = 4 tenses; A = 5 tenses ..... all with negation, opinion, justification, conjunctions and an ability to narrate/explain

5. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

For an A grade, go on frenchteacher.net and click on our resources - plenty of material of the right level (and free!). Make sure your student knows their tenses (past, present, future), that's vital for both speaking and writing. No need to know more than 3 though, don't know where that came from (at least not with AQA, they're very clear about it).

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

Edexcel want 5 for an A as far as I can tell...................but they do not determine the subject content of W & S as AQA does!

7. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Hmm, am I the only one to be concerned about the wide range of exam requirements across the boards?? 5 tenses for an A seems ridiculous! Just as this whole controlled assessment malarkey to be honest!