1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French posters

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by senoritavava, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Dear lovely linguists,

I am an NQT with a new job and a low budget for decorating my classroom! Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get any free posters for French? I have just ordered ten Spanish posters from the Consejeria de Educacion in London. I just had to pay ten pounds for postage. If anyone else wants to get some, here is the e-mail: recursos.uk@educacion.es.
    Any other advice on decorating my classroom is much appreciated!
    Thank you in advance.

2. Don't underestimate the value of displaying the vocab you have taught. You could prepare areas with lining paaper etc and have pictures, from catalogues/magazines/clip art etc. together with the actual words ready to go. It is a continuing aise memoire and spelling aid. It will soon fill up your wall. Numbers, months, days, common classroom phrases are all really useful when displayed.
    Useful displays mean much more to students. Lovely background displays I often think are more for our morale. Not that our morale is unimportant.
    Try to laminate everytjing. It will stay looking good and lat 10 times longer.
    Good luck and all the best in your new post..
    i T

3. Thank you OTTER, great advice!

4. Before we broke up I got my year 10s involved in a competition. They all had to write to tourist boards of French speaking countries and ask for goodies. The pupil who received the first load of info got a prize and the pupil who received the most info over all received got a prize. The only condition was was that the info had to be sent to school via post hence we got lots of lovely new posters for the department!
    Pupils really enjoyed it.

5. Ask the cultural service of the French ambassy, they often have free posters. Good luck

6. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

7. wonderful, thank you! It all seems obvious now but as an NQT who has had a very long summer, I had forgotten the importance of displaying key vocab!

Great resources.

8. This is a brilliant idea and it's great to hear that it worked! I may try this. Merci

9. Bonne idee! I have looked but haven't found anything but did find some other intestng information on the website for the French embassy. Thanks