1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French GCSE results AQA Summer 2011

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by cassiopee, Aug 26, 2011.

1. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

Looking at foundation tier. Very difficult to judge. Pupils who could get a 4 on higher but risk getting a U. If you put them in for foundation they seem to get a 3.

Where you might think a diff task would be appropriate is the speak g exam. But it's basically the same at H and F.

F writi g is bizarre. More tasks to do, and more "closed" tasks where off you don't know a word you can't score.

L and R. The odd literary texts are in the F tier. On F tier you need to do very well to get a 5 or even a 4. If you were getting that many marks, you'd be doi g higher.

agathamorse likes this.
  2. toadman

toadman Occasional commenter

I agree with this but remember in writing tasks it is possible at foundation tier to sometimes get away with saying j'adore before a word you don't know

agathamorse likes this.
  3. toadman

BTW all our candidates got the grades we expected

agathamorse likes this.
  4. gsglover

gsglover Occasional commenter

Calling all regulars of this thread- something sinister has happened. The thousandth post post is now 790 or sowhy have some comments vanished?

5. veverett

Oh! Are you sure? It was a useful record of the damage ca did to mfl...

6. toadman

I too have checked and gs is correct! I wonder why?

7. toadman

Meant to add that I re-read the entire thread from start to finish- had forgotten some of the posts but it was entertaining and very time consuming!!

8. toadman

Made me remember the days when I'd check tes forums every day and the longevity of this thread kept my interest going. I suppose that it's a little sad that it gave me such pleasure to re-visit it

9. veverett

So there are posts gone missing?

10. toadman

It seems so