1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French fun video clips

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by bristolmover, May 15, 2012.

1. bristolmover

bristolmover New commenter

Hello,
    I'm really struggling with a Year 7 class (don't ask) and am looking for some respite/ reward/ engagement. In my last school we had Channel 4's 'Extra' which went down a storm - they loved it and begged to watch it, which was a good incentive for good behaviour. We don't have it where I am now and I'm searching for something similar and free to watch on youtube at the end of the lesson. I'm looking for short clips of anything in french that they might like...
    Any ideas gratefully received!
    Cheers

2. bristolmover

Hello,
    I'm really struggling with a Year 7 class (don't ask) and am looking for some respite/ reward/ engagement. In my last school we had Channel 4's 'Extra' which went down a storm - they loved it and begged to watch it, which was a good incentive for good behaviour. We don't have it where I am now and I'm searching for something similar and free to watch on youtube at the end of the lesson. I'm looking for short clips of anything in french that they might like...
    Any ideas gratefully received!
    Cheers

3. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Go on BBC Learning Zone Class clips. Loads of things there.
    Also, what about looking at Futuroscope and Disneyland Paris websites? They show videoclips of rides/shows etc.
    Then there is a songs website with videos- Chansons FLE or something, can't quite remember...it's brill.

4. Dunteachin

Oh, yes: la chanson francophone en cours de FLE
    They love "la Seine" by Vanessa Paradis with the clip from Un monstre a Paris (?)

5. bristolmover

Excellent! Thanks very much

6. maa09

maa09 New commenter

They might enjoy the French song from Flight of the Concords. It is easy to find on Youtube.

7. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Extra episodes are on youtube, but it might be a bit too hard for them.
    My lot love Pigloo (youtube, try Moi j'aime skier, or le ragga des pingouins).

8. Dunteachin

Ah, yes, Pigloo. My bottom set year 8s were silenced by this. Smashing.

9. Foux da fa fa

Foux da fa fa New commenter

Didou dessine moi is a series on youtubefor little kids - but the big ones love it too.
    same goes for the fabulous
    Pocoyo francais
    also on youtube are the Canal Plus French adverts and the Mikado French adverts (not much language)
    Chez Mimi also made by Channel 4
    My year 7s love learning songs they already know in English, but in French
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTG14qtKRPU&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMA6cE7T8P8
    and the millions of French Disney songs (they all know them and the naughty boys seem to love them most)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rZvRdmtoaE

10. Dunteachin

Merci mille fois, Foux!
    The Disney songs are fab. Can we get the lyrics anywhere?

11. Dunteachin

So, what did you use?