1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

French A-level exam Need some help and advice please

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by martin_chloe90, Feb 2, 2017.

1. martin_chloe90

martin_chloe90 New commenter

Hello,

I am actually a French assistant in a school in Burnley, and I am currently looking for a school to sit as an external candidate the French A-level (AQA) exams because my school does only the GCSEs, in order to show to future university what is actually my French level according to the British requirements.
    Unfortunately, I am quite struggling to find a school, because even if doing the exams, schools mostly does not accept private candidates, or do not do both writing and speaking exams... Therefore, I was wondering if someone would be happy telling me about a school accepting private candidates, or happy to help me.
    I am also asking for your advice regarding the cultural aspect and question in the exams, related to either literature or geography...I have looked for some explanation and could not find any. I will be very grateful for any help, and if I can also be helpful to someone, dare ask me anything related to French!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this Help Call!!