1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Freezing!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lilyofthefield, Aug 27, 2011.

1. It's August and I am moments away from turning on the central heating. The globe might be warming somewhere but it sure isn't happening here!

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I was just going to find your other weather thread (at least I think it was yours) to have a moan about the weather. It's doing my head in today. All I want, all i really really want is to sit out in the garden with my book, but am I allowed to do this? No. The weather has decided it will torture me with sudden downpours followed by enticing sun (out I go) followed by more rain (I take my chair in) and ad nauseum. Grrr.

3. We have glorious sunshine [​IMG]

4. I was just contemplating lighting a fire. I've already put an extra jumper on and made a cup of tea I didn't really want just so that I could warm my hands.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

We had the heating on for a bit yesterday as it was pretty chilly, today is warmer but every bit as wet.
    S'not fair! [​IMG]

6. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Its rubbish here.
    Old testament rain followed by bright sunshine followed by more rain.
    We had the heating on yesterday.
    Utter pants.

7. Just cold and overcast here. I've given in and lit the fire!

8. TWICE today I've popped out to the shops in brilliant sunshine, and short sleeves, only to get stranded under the bus shelter half way back in torrential downpours.

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Heavy downpours here too with some sunny spells.

10. My nose is freezing and I'm wearing my dressing gown - all because I can't bring myself to put the fire on in august.

11. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Have just bagged up my girls' summer clothes for friends/charity shop.
    There 'aint no way they're getting any more use out of them this year ... and by next, most will be too small.

12. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

My heating has just kicked in for the first time this year and I am leaving it on because it is freezing here (jumper, socks and slippers) and i have washing to dry.

13. It'll be lovely next week without fail.
    Cracking the flags hot.
    And we'll be in our classrooms.

14. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

It is cold ...so very cold...I've put on an extra top ( I am <u>NOT</u> putting the heating on until at least October 1!)
    It's been bucketing down. Sheets and sheets of rain.
    And just for a little variety...we've had not one but two thunderstorms today...the second one complete with startling lightning flashes.

15. Had hailstones earlier. My laptop's on the verge of failing completely (no cash to replace it) and runs so hot I have to have the fan pointed on it to get it to run at a useable temperature - so I'm sat here freezing cold but with a fan on.

16. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

It's sunny here but I've not been able to take advantage of the weather due to being in bed almost all day with terminal wine flu! [​IMG]

17. I'm beginning to become really depressed because of our foul summers. I think this is now the fifth in a row where it's been miserable. I'm desperately trying to save money so that I can afford a holiday next year, but the problem is I keep spending money to cheer myself up!

18. I'm not asking for 82 in the shade here. Just clear of clouds will do.

19. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

our heating is on and I lit the wood burner last night.
    I am beginning to consider moving somewhere warm once the APs are gone.
    Southern Europe is looking good.

20. catmother

catmother Star commenter

It's cold and I've got the heating on. Not sure why some people are agonising about it.