1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free'Same and Different' Writing frames book now on website

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Andrew Jeffrey, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

HI everyone, after what seems like an eternity, the 'What's The Same, What's Different?' book is now available for free on my website.
    I am very grateful to everyone who trialled it, and particularly to those who sent back helpful comments. A couple of the most useful comments included the question of why we even need a book of these, and I agree, but for some children just having a writing frame in which to start might remove some of the fear. Secondly, one person said that their class found the space to write what was the SAME about all four items intimidatingly large, so you might want to direct them to only find three or four things for this box.There were many positive comments too, which are nice of course, but I specifically wanted to thank those who had been constructively critical!
    Anyway, it is what it is - not rocket science but a quick and ready-to-use resource that anyone could have put together given a bit of time. Hopefully I've saved you the bother. Please don't ask me to send the file, as it is automated!

Normally I release things to my newsletter subscribers first, but on this occasion it is on TES first, as you were the folk who kindlly offered to trial it this term.

The link is www.andrewjeffrey.co.uk/freegifts.asp
    P.S. DON'T download the 50 Great Websites book - it is now very out of date and will be updated over the summer.

2. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

HI everyone, after what seems like an eternity, the 'What's The Same, What's Different?' book is now available for free on my website.
    I am very grateful to everyone who trialled it, and particularly to those who sent back helpful comments. A couple of the most useful comments included the question of why we even need a book of these, and I agree, but for some children just having a writing frame in which to start might remove some of the fear. Secondly, one person said that their class found the space to write what was the SAME about all four items intimidatingly large, so you might want to direct them to only find three or four things for this box.There were many positive comments too, which are nice of course, but I specifically wanted to thank those who had been constructively critical!
    Anyway, it is what it is - not rocket science but a quick and ready-to-use resource that anyone could have put together given a bit of time. Hopefully I've saved you the bother. Please don't ask me to send the file, as it is automated!

Normally I release things to my newsletter subscribers first, but on this occasion it is on TES first, as you were the folk who kindlly offered to trial it this term.

The link is www.andrewjeffrey.co.uk/freegifts.asp
    P.S. DON'T download the 50 Great Websites book - it is now very out of date and will be updated over the summer.