1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free website to advertise teaching vacancies

Discussion in 'Education news' started by blazer, Mar 17, 2016.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Looks like the Government also have the TES in their sights as well. So perhaps they do read this forum!

2. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

Don't worry, they'll b*gg*r it up, same as usual.

3. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

The free teaching vacancies website has got John Major's cones hotline written all over it.

Some of you will be too young to remember but some old codgers like me tried ringing it once. Nobody picked up!

delnon likes this.
  4. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

Maybe they could set up a national supply teacher network - they seem to want to control everything else.

5. Deirds

Deirds Senior commenter

Don't give them ideas - our wages are low enough already...

Part of me thinks they might be better than the agencies....but then again, probably not. They are on a mission to reduce costs.

They'd probably have a central regiser and invite a private company to run it.

6. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

Bearing in mind that the government couldn't organise the legendary booze-up in the brewery, stand by for another Westminster Farce: "There Go My Trousers".