1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free those toes!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by amyc, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Yes

[​IMG]

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Longer second toe? That's just weird. The big toe is called a big toe for a reason. Sorry. I shall try to restrain my toe-ist tendencies when I have got rid of my hangover. I'm off to put my converse shoes on. Much more suitable summer footwear for the girl not wanting to enter her 40s.

3. Yes, because it is bigger that does not mean longer

4. I agreed with you until Cosmos pointed out that longer second toes were highly thought of by the Greeks. Look at the statues[​IMG].
    The downside of a longer second toe is that it sticks out more - I've broken those second toes more times than I can remember.

5. The second long toe is a family trait in my family, it doesn't affect me though, yay!!! I have small dainty feet that look lovely in flip flops, which I wear all the time when its warm enough!!
    I can understand why some people wouldn't wear them for work but during the summer I think they're essential!!

6. My feet are tiny too - OH calls them pixie feet!!

I'm barefoot now and the most that's going on my feet today are going to be flip flops - love having bare feet!!

7. Wearing sndals and/or flip-flops to work is a sign of being a twat.

cyolba, telling it like it is :)

8. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Don't tell anyone but I'm very often barefoot at work and I'm not the only one!!!!

9. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I'm a *** too then! Often a barefoot *** as well...

10. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Birkenstock toe-post sandals don't hurt because the way the footbed is shaped stops your foot pressing forward against the toe-post. I can't wear ordinary flip-flops but I have some lovely sparkly birkenstocks.

11. That's interesting, you're not the first person to have recommended them. I might investigate some before I go on holiday. (Thanks).

12. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I've just had a look at the Birkenstock site and they have some lovely floral print ones.
    This could be the answer to my toe post problem! Thanks, joli. [​IMG]
    p.s. In the meantime, I'm going to persevere with my freebie flip flops, RF (ow, ow, ow!)

13. I may have to forego sandals etc tomorrow. I mowed my lawn in crocs this morning and my feet are bright green[​IMG]

Just wondering, when there is talk of flip flops, does that refer to the plastic/foam ones, or any kind of toe post mule?

14. joli2

joli2 New commenter

http://www.footshopping.com/papillio-thongs-gizeh/wgID_910.html?MI=6

I find this site really good for birkenstocks. I want the dark blue embroidered floral ones halfway down this page.

15. http://www.footshopping.com/papillio-sandals-tabora/wgID_885.html?MI=6

For those of you who don't like the feel of a toe post.

16. QVC do birkenstock at good prices

17. Really didn't think this post would get so much attention!!!!

Toe posts and flip flops are ok - but it's got to be bare feet on a sunny Sunday afternoon!!

18. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

OW OW OW!!
    Mind you, I went to a birthday party (age 6 twins, lots and lots of children running around in mad fashion, you get the picture) and thought, as it is a hot day, I shall wear my sandals, toes and all, despite horridness of bad toe. Bad mistake. Own daughter, while in the middle of strop due to lack of prize for dancing (sigh) stompled on said bad toe (she knows I've got one, I'm constantly warning my children to beware of my bad toe), and am still feeling the pain. OW Can't see my class of Y5s being any better - just bigger and heavier!
    *thinks* maybe the big toe should be renamed the fat toe...?[​IMG]

19. mmm yes - can see the disadvantage of no toe protection in summer!