1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free those toes!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by amyc, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Was just thinking how lovely it is now the sun's here to have my toes free and cool! Bare feet flip flops and sandals for the next few weeks I hope!!!

anyone else?

2. Stinky dress code - not allowed open backed/flip flop shoes [​IMG] gets very sweaty and yuk.

3. Oh how do you cope with that??

Still, there's always weekends! :)

4. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

My toes have been bare since Easter. I couldn't work anywhere that didn't let me do that.

5. I suspect the same as men, who can't trot in to work in flip flops or open backed sandals.
    Or the rest of us who work in an environment where flip flops are not considered work attire.

6. That's twice today that someone has intimated that you cannot wear white slazenger socks with sandals.
    What is the world coming to ?

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Me too....only my toes have been liberated since before Easter. I love barefeet or flip flops and get my toes put at the first thaw!
    Also I could not work with a stooopid no flip flops/ bare toes policy. Load of old H&S tosh! Pah!
    Freedom for feet I say [​IMG]
    I also like to have my toes painted in lovely summer colours with pretty patterns. Holiday toes I call them! At the moment they are turquoise blue with silver dragonflies on them.

8. Oh I completely agree! Having bare feet is lovely and the most natural thing in the world! Can't understand people who are shy of showing their feet!

9. We do not have H and S tosh here - nobody would turn up to work in flip flops.
    Flip flops are for the beach.

10. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I like my green toe polish for the summer - but not this year. I had a nail infection over Christmas, and my toe still hasn't recovered its nail [​IMG]
    Mind you, I wouldn't wear bare toes to work (unless I dug out my wedge mules) because I a. don't feel formal enough and b. don't want 30 clod hopping children standing on them (and causing agony in aforementioned sore toe - even my own children make me nervous, the way they behave like cats around my feet!!!)

11. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

not just the beach surely CQ. Don't you ever wear pretty, sparkly ones with a maxi dress or jeans?

12. Not to work, no.
    Actually, never otherwise, no.

13. I don't tend to wear flip flops for work but often wear my sparkly ones when out!

At home in summer it's bare feet - love the feeling of getting up and not having to put socks on!

14. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

And, at the risk of being toe-ist, may I also suggest that people with nasty flappy feet should not be-bare them. Or paint each nasty flappy toe in a different colour. Or leave their heels unattended.
    Rant over. Returns to smiling nicely and complimenting all flip flips, regardless.

15. I believed that I could not wear Toe Posts ... they hurt ... why would anyone want to do that ... etc

Then 2 years ago I decided that I was silly and bought some ... drove through the pain for a few days and whoop de do

16. anon468

anon468 New commenter

So it does stop hurting after a few days?
    I'm going to put mine on now and potter about for a bit.

17. Oh, do listen to yourself and how vulgar you are. What an unprovoked outburst.
    You do not have a monopoly on problems, you know. I'm sure, however, that will come as a huge shock to you. Good grief.

18. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

19. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

The green eyeball has spoken. Listen carefully.

I predict her next avatar will be an eye in a sling.

20. Yes, back to feet. My second toes are like fingers. They are about 15mm longer than my big toes. Not a great look in open toed footwear.

Ah, now that's where you're wrong poeme. My second toes are longer too. It was considered a sign of beauty by the ancient Greeks and if you look at the feet on statues you'll see that they all have longer second toes. The goddesses that is.