1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free Teacher Resources - Avatar/Dissertation Formatting/Lesson Plan

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by shujahatmunir, Feb 14, 2020.

1. shujahatmunir

shujahatmunir New commenter

Hey everyone,

I have uploaded my free resources which may be of benefit to some : https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/shujahatmunir

There are lesson plan templates, teacher data sheets and my favourite one, how to create your own Avatar for free.

Hope this helps someone.

Suj Munir

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I have had a quick look at these resources, and they seem to be the sort of useful templates etc. that it makes a great deal of sense to share in this way. Why re-invent the wheel?

And all the better if, as in this case, the resources are provided free of charge. So thank you on behalf of other teachers, @shujatmunir !

I am now going to change the subject, whilst still talking about TES Resources.

What I would also like to say to you all as trainee and student teachers who are considering a job application - is NOT to download from TES Resources things called something like Job Application statements, nor one called Cover letter examples nor Exemple of supporting statement for an application, nor anything similar.

I have been absolutely horrified, absolutely horrified, to see these for sale on TES. Equally horrified if free, by the way.

I came across them by chance yesterday when I was trying to find out-of-date stuff that had been written by me. Gobsmacked doesn´t describe how I felt.

Imagine this. Anne Appleby and Bob Brown both read these, and apply for the same job. It is pretty well guaranteed that their own applications will reflect what they saw in these resources, and the similarities will be identified and both will be discarded. Some LEAs (and big MATs too for all I know) introduced some years ago software similar to that used by UCAS to identify plagiarism in applications.

Or imagine this. Anne applies, Bob doesn´t. But HT Charles Churchill and Chair of Governors David Dimbleby have both read these TES Resources, precisely to be able to see which candidates may have used them.

So play safe.

* Don´t read, not even just for ideas and inspiration, someone else´s statement, letter or application. You never know where it's been, i.e. who else has also read it

* Don´t ever show your statement, letter or application to someone else who might apply in the future for the same job as you, or to a different job in the same school.

* Don´t ever give an electronic copy of the above to someone else - you don´t know who it might be sent on to.

Good luck with the rest of your course, and with your applications. This is the best job in the world, you know. I've been doing it for well over 50 years, and am still at it, I love it so much!

Best wishes

PGCE_tutor and shujahatmunir like this.
  3. shujahatmunir

shujahatmunir New commenter

I appreciate the feedback. They may be standard templates for some and for others some things will be new. I’m starting of sharing the nice and easy.

Also, I totally agree with the other section of your post.

all the best everyone.

TheoGriff likes this.