1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free Sociology CPD

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by Proflyactive, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Hello lovely sociology teachers of the world!

I am in the process of creating an inaugural Sociology conference – generated and tailored by Sociology teachers – to which you are all cordially invited. Gratis.
    At present, the proposed agenda looks a little like this (please see below), however, this is subject to change based upon the feedback of those who wish to attend:
    9:45-10:00 Arrival and coffee10:00-10:30 Introduction and discussion of high points and low points of new spec. since its introduction (AKA The good, the bad & the ugly) 10:30-11:10 SCLY2 sharing of good practice 11:10-11:50 SCLY4 sharing of good practice 11:50-12:30 Resources: which is good/bad/worth the money? 12:30-1:15 Lunch 1:15-2:15 Exam Marking (Soc Examiner)2:15-2:30 Q&A for Examiner2:30-2:45 coffee2:45-3:45 Each participant to present to group one idea/activity that was particularly successful at AS or A2 3:45-4:00 Plenary

2. Sounds excellent to me. bigmacca23 "at" gmail "dot" com

3. Hi,
    This sounds great!
    ann_murdoch (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
    Thanks
    Ann

4. blt

blt New commenter

Sounds great - can I ask whereabouts it's likely to be?

5. t.penny at poolehigh.poole.sch.uk

would love some info

6. JodiP

JodiP New commenter

Hi,

Has this CPD happened?

Thanks

7. Hi Jodie,

No, this has not happened yet, it is scheduled to take place June 30th, I have e-mailed all those who have posted to confirm if they would like to attend. If you would like to attend, I can add your name to my list?
    Cheers

8. JodiP

JodiP New commenter

9. Would a trainee teacher (almost qualified) be welcome? My e-mail is lr7045@gmail.com

10. This sounds very useful, please keep me informed!

11. Whats the date its on at ?