1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free sequencing programs?

Discussion in 'Music' started by silverfern, Sep 25, 2010.

1. silverfern

silverfern New commenter

Does anyone have experience with free (online or downloadable) sequencing programs. Mixcraft and Musicshake have been mentioned and I'm looking into those, but wondering if anyone has any positive experiences with any others.
    Would like to do a unit on Dance Music with my students, but we don't have any computers in the Music Dpt (I know, I know...), so would need to be able to use the program in the computer lab.
    Thanks for your ideas.

2. Try mulab - my colleague trialled it and liked it a lot

3. Hi silverfern - did you get anywhere? If you don't need MIDI input audacity has been recommended to me.

Sheenabeena - are you still using Mu.lab? Would you recommend? If so what SoW are you using with it? thanks

4. how about musescore? Just got this put on the network at school - am going to try it out next week with a class in an IT room - v exciting - bloody hope it works!

5. Hi
    I use AcidExpress which is free. We use it with our year 6 who love the challenge and ease of its layout. Lots of potential for mixing. Out ICT technician has also been installing it in the local grammer schools .We also have Audacity loaded so that pupils can edit tracks before importing.