1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free Schools??

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by mabbi, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

My understanding is that if enough of the employees want the school to recognise a union, then it has to. In which case, industrial action is protected provided that the correct legal procedures are followed. Perhaps the employment law experts could confirm or deny this.

It is true that the absence of a nationally recognised set of rules means that employees can be taken advantage of, although this can also be true for academies, and even LA schools get away with breaking them, it would appear. I really doubt if we can simply say that one type of school is bad and another good. Those of us who have been around for a while have seen horror stories from all types of school.

mabbi and caterpillartobutterfly like this.
  2. Rach05

Rach05 New commenter

Same, I know someone who left after half a term...it was not a nice place of work to say the least...

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

There are plans to put a free school in the area where we are. It is completely unnecessary and will have a seriously detrimental effect on our finances and student numbers if it goes ahead.

They are a curse.

harsh-but-fair likes this.