1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free school assemblies and workshops about orphans

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by Helenatsos, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

If you'd like to get an outside speaker or workshop host scheduled for this term I would recommend contacting us here at SOS Children:

SOS Children is a charity looking after orphaned and abandoned children around the world. We've just trained a new batch of volunteers (all experienced in teaching/youth work) who are happy to visit your school to give a talk or workshop about the challenges orphans around the world face, and why we should care about it.

We obviously welcome nominations to be your 'charity of the year' or similar, but deliver these workshops free of charge as we are keen to reach the young generation of today: they are the ones who can really make a difference to orphaned children as they are the decision makers of tomorrow!
    If you're interested then please get in touch either here or on helen@soschildren.org

2. Hi Helen,
    My name is Barry. I run School Select Online at www.school-workshops.com We are a directory of School Workshops providers and we are soon to feature a free resource / workshops / assemblies section. I would like to feature your charity with an online profile and tag you to the free resources tab. This will give you additional exposure to the education sector at no cost to yourselves. We currently attract 4000 unique visitors every month.
    Please have a look at the website to see if it may be of interest to you and SOS children. You can contact me direct at barry@letsgopublishing.co.uk

Regards

Barry