1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free Resources

Discussion in 'Primary' started by frazeragnes, Aug 30, 2018.

1. frazeragnes

frazeragnes New commenter

Hi
    I am an ex primary school teacher, who is currently writing a few educational resources for a homeless charity. I'm trying to develop a series of 5 assemblies with accompanying follow-up resources, hoping to cover predominantly RE and PHSE/Citizenship objectives.
    Once the resource is completed, does anyone have any idea how I can get in to speak to schools about what we are offering? Is it best to just ring up schools in our area (Essex)? Go in in person?
    Thanks

2. lizdot

lizdot New commenter

I would ring, offering your resources, and then say that you are more than happy to go in to discuss them. Maybe you could offer to do the first assembly yourself?

frazeragnes likes this.
  3. MonstieBags

MonstieBags Occasional commenter

most primary schools would rip your arm off if you are offering to do this. I would send an email to every primary school in your area with an outline of your planned assemblies and how it links to the curriculum, then follow up with a phone call and give them the hard sell.

frazeragnes likes this.
  4. MonstieBags

MonstieBags Occasional commenter

Sorry, forgot to say, remember that most heads email is head@ whatever school so easily reached and all heads' emails available on websites.

frazeragnes likes this.
  5. markhorsey

markhorsey New commenter

I agree think most schools would be extremely interested in your resources.

Most schools are trusts now so ask about that too in your email as that might help you get into a few schools or you can meet with several heads together

frazeragnes likes this.
  6. frazeragnes

Great! Thanks so much.

7. frazeragnes

Great! That sounds promising. Thanks so much

8. frazeragnes

Brilliant! Thanks so much :)