1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free Resources for Olympics or London?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pp0u20e8, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I'm starting a topic on London and the Olympics next term, and I'm looking for companies or websites that are giving out freebies for the public (or for schools) to use - so far I've managed to get some paralympics equipment free from Sainsburys, but I can't find any other companies giving things away (I'm looking for resources that they literally send out, not online activities or printables).
    Is anyone aware of companies doing this sort of thing? I assumed that the government would be throwing freebies at schools, but it seems not!
    Thanks
    Nick

2. sueemc

sueemc New commenter

you can register with lloyds tsb they send out dvd +pack +certificates for running your own event

3. Hi Nick,

Have a look at the Gold Challenge. A lot of our charity partners have bits and pieces and we are looking to give out more incentives for schools signing up in the summer term. Schools that have signed up so far are receiving free tickets to take part in an event at the Olympic Stadium this weekend!

http://family.goldchallenge.org/

4. Have you tried getset? It is set-up by London 2012 think it takes time for the registration to come through and not too sure if they offer the sort of resources you are looking for. I am still waiting on my schools registration to come through although we only sent it way yesterday or the day before.