1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free resource - Climate change DVDs available

Discussion in 'Geography' started by BeyondTheBrink, Feb 7, 2011.

1. I am a student filmmaker. I have produced a documentary about climate change called Beyond the Brink and am working on a campaign to send free DVDs of the film to schools. I am working together with UK Youth Climate Coalition to offer free screening packs, containing a limited edition DVD of the film, to 150 schools.

The quickest way to find out about the film is to watch the trailer at www.beyondthebrink.org. I hope the film can be a tool for communication, a useful introduction to the topic, and a starting point for new ideas.

During Climate Week, 21st - 27th March, we hope to see hundreds of screenings of the film at schools and universities across the country, sparking discussion, engaging students and encouraging them to see climate change in a new light. It?s our contribution to a national effort to inspire people to take positive action.

For the campaign to succeed we are relying on teachers' cooperation. We?ve tried to make it as easy as possible for you to show the short film in a lesson during Climate Week (or at another suitable time outside class during that week).

To request your screening pack and be a part of Beyond the Brink - Screen It Yourself, please simply email siy@beyondthebrink.org with your name and school address. We'll do the rest :)

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Ross Harrison and the UKYCC Team

www.beyondthebrink.org

2. I am a student filmmaker. I have produced a documentary about climate change called Beyond the Brink and am working on a campaign to send free DVDs of the film to schools. I am working together with UK Youth Climate Coalition to offer free screening packs, containing a limited edition DVD of the film, to 150 schools.

The quickest way to find out about the film is to watch the trailer at www.beyondthebrink.org. I hope the film can be a tool for communication, a useful introduction to the topic, and a starting point for new ideas.

During Climate Week, 21st - 27th March, we hope to see hundreds of screenings of the film at schools and universities across the country, sparking discussion, engaging students and encouraging them to see climate change in a new light. It?s our contribution to a national effort to inspire people to take positive action.

For the campaign to succeed we are relying on teachers' cooperation. We?ve tried to make it as easy as possible for you to show the short film in a lesson during Climate Week (or at another suitable time outside class during that week).

To request your screening pack and be a part of Beyond the Brink - Screen It Yourself, please simply email siy@beyondthebrink.org with your name and school address. We'll do the rest :)

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Ross Harrison and the UKYCC Team

www.beyondthebrink.org