1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free Read Write Ink Font

Discussion in 'Primary' started by melissa_jane_singh, Nov 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. melissa_jane_singh

melissa_jane_singh New commenter

Hi everyone,

I'm a secondary ICT teacher and now a parent of a 3 and 4 year old.

My 4 year olds school has begun using Read, Write, Ink and I'm slowly getting my head around it in order to support him at home.

I was wanting to produce some worksheets using the font and also hopefully guidelines to help him size his letters properly (currently school has issued books which are just normal lined books and he's struggling to know where to put his pen to start letters); but I can't seem to find a free font that matches the read write ink style.

Has anyone got any advise on what font style they use or if there is a downloadable font that matches the read write ink scheme exactly?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Melissa

2. NingenEmpi

NingenEmpi New commenter

I think the chalkboard font is pretty similar imo. It's close enough anyway.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Please don't do this!
    You son is four. FOUR!

Give him some sand or rice in a tray and let him use his finger to write letters with you keeping an eye on the formation.
    Squirt some shaving foam on the tiles in bath time and use bath toys or fingers to form letters.
    Do lots of cutting out type activities to develop his finger muscles.
    Read lots of books to him so that he sees print as a positive thing.

All these type of things are a useful and positive way to support your son.
    Worksheets at home is just a horrible idea.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Absolutely!

and no need to use any ink producing worksheets.

The name of the scheme is 'Read Write Inc.' (as in 'incorporated').