1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free Music Lessons Resource for Guitar

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Danielrexpearson, May 2, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I have worked in schools for a number of years developing their guitar courses and teaching all age groups from 11 to 70. I noticed schools often don't have enough money to pay for private
    guitar lessons and as a result so many youngsters cannot afford to ever learn a
    musical instrument, I was one of them originally!!

So I have created online guitar courses and
    lessons that are available for free for everyone and will be available to
    anyone who wants to give this musical instrument a shot.
    There are only a few sites that offer entirely free content but many are not up to scratch and some even have quite terrible content and advise! I thought this might be a great way to start getting music lessons into schools who may not have the budget for it. It covers music theory/ Playing techniques and a number of songs they can cover for repitoire with a great deal more courses to come not to mention a fantastic community of other musicians to talk with and get interested in music. There is even an exam students can take to test their knowledg.
    If this is something that you might like to try in your school please do contact me directly on rexpearson@rexpearson.com
    Or visit the website www.rexpearson.com and let me know what you think!
    Regards
    Rex

2. Hi there,
    I have worked in schools for a number of years developing their guitar courses and teaching all age groups from 11 to 70. I noticed schools often don't have enough money to pay for private
    guitar lessons and as a result so many youngsters cannot afford to ever learn a
    musical instrument, I was one of them originally!!

So I have created online guitar courses and
    lessons that are available for free for everyone and will be available to
    anyone who wants to give this musical instrument a shot.
    There are only a few sites that offer entirely free content but many are not up to scratch and some even have quite terrible content and advise! I thought this might be a great way to start getting music lessons into schools who may not have the budget for it. It covers music theory/ Playing techniques and a number of songs they can cover for repitoire with a great deal more courses to come not to mention a fantastic community of other musicians to talk with and get interested in music. There is even an exam students can take to test their knowledg.
    If this is something that you might like to try in your school please do contact me directly on rexpearson@rexpearson.com
    Or visit the website www.rexpearson.com and let me know what you think!
    Regards
    Rex