1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free interactive games for numeracy new framework

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fionafoster83, Oct 1, 2007.

1. hi!my brother is currently starting production of a interactive numeracy (new framework) site. They have done yr3 block a,b,c unit 1 for each. there are loads of games and my kids (low year 4) have loved using them in the mental and oral starters, especially as there is a puppet that introduces them. its completly free to sign up and use the activities and if they get enough people to use the site they can produce whole unit plans to go with the activities for different year groups!they are also looking for 100 schools to have the site free for at least the next two years and if you have any ideas for activities or improvements they are very keen to hear them (i know im a little biased but i love the site:)

www.learningclip.co.uk

2. hi!my brother is currently starting production of a interactive numeracy (new framework) site. They have done yr3 block a,b,c unit 1 for each. there are loads of games and my kids (low year 4) have loved using them in the mental and oral starters, especially as there is a puppet that introduces them. its completly free to sign up and use the activities and if they get enough people to use the site they can produce whole unit plans to go with the activities for different year groups!they are also looking for 100 schools to have the site free for at least the next two years and if you have any ideas for activities or improvements they are very keen to hear them (i know im a little biased but i love the site:)

www.learningclip.co.uk

3. Hi fionafoster83 I can certainly see why you're so proud of your brother! I've just registered & have had a lovely time playing some of the games (How sad is that at 11pm?) I'll certainly be trying them out in the morning, I think the children will really enjoy the graphics & the activities. We're Y2 btw. Thank you for letting us know about this site, and please pass on my congratulations & gratitude to your clever brother.

4. yme

yme

registered - thank you :)

5. thankyou for all your comments (and for registering!:)ill pass it on to my brother so he know to keep going

6. WOW... fantastic! Just registered.. now waiting in anticipation for the Year 2 stuff ;0)

7. Love the site - really high quality. Makes me glad I'm teaching Y3!

8. Great site. Teaching Y4 and some of the current games are suitable for revision at the start of units can't wait for the Y4 games

9. Excellent! Great graphics. Grandson loved them. We've just tried them.

10. Hi

http://www.learningclip.co.uk

I'm so pleased that so many people have tried out the site.

Block D is being added in two weeks time. I'm writing worksheets for every objective at the moment, these will be linked to the activities.

Block E is also in full production and I have been working on Unit 2.

Year 4 and 5 are next if the site is well received.

All the schools in the development group are based in Preston, lancashire. We would really like to get some Y3 and Y4 teachers involved from different parts of the country.

Please drop me a line if you are interested by using the contact link at the top of the sites homepage.

http://www.learningclip.co.uk

Andrew Foster
    Deputy Head Little Hoole Primary
    Preston

11. Great stuff, this is fantastic... I've just emailed my Deputy Head (she teaches in Y3) to tell her about it.
    I might even use it with my LA Y5, passing the site on to other teachers in my school too.

Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing the rest :eek:)

Added to my favourites too!

Claire x

12. These are great. Are you planning anything similar for KS1? Hope so!

13. sleepycat

sleepycat New commenter

14. sleepycat

sleepycat New commenter

15. Thats an excellent site am going to try it out with my year 3's next week. I'm from Newcastle and would be quite interested in what else you have to offer in the way of work sheets ect i will contact you if the programme is well recieved by the children.

16. Looks great and have registered, thank you. Please do keep going for other year groups!!

17. I think its brilliant! i will be telling my headteacher about it and i very much hope that our school can be one of them using it free for the next two years and thereafter. well dont to your brother!!!
    thanks

18. Wow, thats a cool site. Will be useful for my low ability year 5s. Hope its successful enough to add other years would love stuff for Year 5. Will definitely be letting others at my school know about it.

19. I love it - Triangle Man is fab. I'm planning it in for Monday............
    Can't wait for year 4 as I have a mixed class.

West Yorkshire, by the way.

20. Hi...
    cant's make i work properly on my OSX 10.4 system. I get as far as watching 'Triangle Man's intro but the actual activity never appears - just stays as a blank box

Steve