1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free history resources now available on TES resources platform

Discussion in 'History' started by HouseOfCommons, Apr 23, 2020.

1. HouseOfCommons

HouseOfCommons New commenter

UK Parliament's Education Team have added new history resources to the TES resources platform. There are lesson plans, videos and presentations for all ages, many of which could be useful for home learning.

Explore them here.

Some recent lesson plans focus on:
    • World War 2 (perfect for the upcoming 75th VE day on 8 May)
    • Votes for women
    • World War 1
    There are plenty of others on a variety of topics, and more to be added shortly.

alex_teccy likes this.
  2. historyexcel

historyexcel New commenter

Wa totally unaware of these, thanks for sharing. Enjoyed the Magna Carta Video. Some will be creeping into my teaching I am sure.

3. HouseOfCommons

Glad to hear you found them useful! There are lots more resources and CPD opportunities on https://learning.parliament.uk

We also recently posted on the forum about a free virtual seminar: "Parliamentary Scrutiny: Challenges and Choices" scheduled for Thursday 11 June, 10:30-12:00. Hope it's of interest.

4. historyexcel

This looks really good. When I am in a position to take advantage of these, I will.

5. historyexcel

6. HouseOfCommons

Thanks for your question. These initial teacher training workshops are led by Parliamentary staff. Previously, this was done either in teacher training provider centres, or on the Parliamentary estate, but due to Covid-19 we are now delivering online. It is aimed at university BA/BEd/PGCE groups or SCITTs (school-centred initial teacher training). If you're interested in whole-staff training (minimum 25 teachers), please email engage@parliament.uk

historyexcel likes this.
  7. historyexcel

Thanks for this. I am very interested but I'm not sure if I can find 24 like minded people. However I will run it past the powers that be and see what I can do.