1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free Handwriting Workshop

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by rfairbairn, May 21, 2010.

1. Hello, I am looking into organising a series of free workshops around the UK in conjunction with the NHA. The one day workshop will give teachers tips on how to teach handwriting from foundation to cursive handwriting and will include assistance in writing a handwriting policy for schools.

Basically I was hoping you all would help by letting me know:

a.) If you would be interested in attending a workshop like this (bearing in mind it is free but will be during term time)
    b.) If you can see the benefit in this training
    c.) Who would be best suited to take this class i.e. teacher, literacy coordinator, head teacher etc.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Rebecca

2. Hello, I am looking into organising a series of free workshops around the UK in conjunction with the NHA. The one day workshop will give teachers tips on how to teach handwriting from foundation to cursive handwriting and will include assistance in writing a handwriting policy for schools.

Basically I was hoping you all would help by letting me know:

a.) If you would be interested in attending a workshop like this (bearing in mind it is free but will be during term time)
    b.) If you can see the benefit in this training
    c.) Who would be best suited to take this class i.e. teacher, literacy coordinator, head teacher etc.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Rebecca

3. Where would this workshop be held? I think it would suit all but more so for primary age teachers.

4. Thank you for responding to this, we are looking at holding the training in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester and Edinburgh in order to make it available to as many teachers as possible.
    Thanks again!

5. Is this still available?

6. Hi are any of these handwriting workshops being run soon? Would be very useful to have more update. Do you have any ppt or additional resources to share? ....leavinglondon12@yahoo.co.uk