1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free goodie bags for primary NQTS?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by vezarchie, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Hi I’m very interested in getting feedback from primary NQTS
    about the likelihood of you registering on a website to receive a free goodie
    bag full of useful resources and freebies from well-known publishers to support
    you in your first years of teaching e.g. free books, stickers, etc.</font>

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>Do you think you would register your details to get one??
    What stuff would be most useful for you to get in the bag?</font>

2. Hi there,
    I think that's a genious idea. Being your first year, you try so many different ideas, techniques and resources that useful freebies tend to become part of your teaching. I have ordered many of things following freebies including guided reading books, stickers, stamps and pencils.
    In your GTP year you spend so much time looking for resources but as an NQT appreciate someone guiding you to their products.
    Christin

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I think everyone likes freebies! I would definitely register, but you would need to think about how you promoted the website - I am really busy and need offers shoved under my nose, otherwise I don't find them.
    I really liked the NUT's offer of a free book, "Surviving your first year in teaching", for signing up to the union. When I started the year there seemed to be a lot I didn't know, and having all the information condensed into book form seemed like a good plan!
    Stickers, ink stamps, a pointing stick, friezes/posters of letters and numbers, anything for general classroom displays, USB stick, catalogues of teacher resources (I have no idea where to look for this kind of stuff!) would all be appreciated!
    Diaries and planners are covered by the unions.

4. quietlydetermined

quietlydetermined New commenter

I would definitely sign up - I love freebies! Any stationary (post it's/highlighters etc) always go down well with me. Any resources I could use in the classroom would be great too.

5. I would most definitely sign up, and as one of three NQTs in my
    school I would put money on it that we all would!

As you suggested really, stickers, stationary, we all have treat
    boxes in our school so maybe pencils or something fun to go in there maybe?