1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FREE French Linguistics Taster Day

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by _katelightfoot, Dec 19, 2019.

1. _katelightfoot

_katelightfoot New commenter

Hi everyone!

Hope it's okay to share this here.

If you teach heritage French speakers (learnt French as their first language, but use English as their main language), you might be interested in a FREE taster day I'm organising.

It takes place at the University of Westminster on Monday 20th January 2020. We have a series of interactive mini-lectures from leading academics about French linguistics. Talks include:

• The Sounds and Structures of French: A Comparative View

• What’s so standard about Standard French?

• Heritage Languages: Why are they special? 

• Variation in present-day French
    Lunch is provided, and reasonable travel costs (within London) will be reimbursed. This is not to be missed!

There are a limited number of places available! If you are interested, please respond to this post. Alternatively, you can contact me via email: katherine.lightfoot@pgr.anglia.ac.uk. I can send a sample letter template and further details.

Merci !

2. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Occasional commenter

Thank you for the offer and best wishes for the day. But as with so much in the UK, it's London-based and therefore impossible for many of us in the north to attend.

LaPetiteSirene likes this.