1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free French and Spanish software downloads

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mlapworth, May 30, 2011.

1. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

2. mlapworth

3. mlapworth

4. mlapworth

Does everyone see an edit button on that last post? Or is it just me?

5. mlapworth

OK, this seems to be a new feature on here (or one that I'd never noticed). Immediately after posting a message, you are shown the thread page with your message at the bottom. You then have a one-time-only chance to edit the post. If you leave the thread, the next time you go back, the edit button has gone.

6. mlapworth

Or maybe it's time limited. Cos I've just back to the last post after leaving the thread, and the edit button is still there...

7. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I noticed it too! Got rather excited about it! But you're right, it's either time-limited or limited to you remaining on that page without refreshing. Wonder why...
    Just added this with the edit button to test it out - and because I can!

8. mlapworth

Hmmm, let me see.
    (Added:) So I have a small window of opportunity to correct typos and add bits. Good idea.

9. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

But you can't correct more than once (I've tested it) so the pressure is increasing to get it right the second time, otherwise people will think you are a m0r0n. Oh the pressure!