1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

free first aid courses?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by Happyregardless, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Happyregardless

Happyregardless Occasional commenter

Any initiatives for free First Aid course or top ups to courses?

Yes I know St Johns etc run the paid ones, I just wondered if there was any professional development aimed at teachers - free - you can see how 'free' is becoming the operative word here?! (after an unpaid Summer but 'luckily' with couple of weeks of a 'minimum wage' Summer job)

I am a supply teacher and while I know there are first aiders in every school I work in, I would like to update my own first aid skills/certificate just for my own sake.

It would reassure me in an increasingly busy school environments to know that if the 'first aider' were called away/ off sick/ otherwise busy I would have updated skills and confidence to help a child in an emergency?

NB: have just seen this ( thanks TES) which helps in some way - but still would be nice to be 'certified'!

http://firstaidlearningforyoungpeople.redcross.org.uk/?utm_campaign=fafyp-2015&utm_medium=display&utm_source=tes&utm_content=mpu&utm_term=secondary