1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free eBooks to support A Levels

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by OCR, Jul 15, 2011.

1. OCR

OCR

OCR has joined up with Oxford University Press (OUP) and Hodder Education to provide free e-versions of AS and A2 publications, starting from September 2011. The offer is available to all schools and colleges teaching A Levels, not just those that currently use OCR's AS and A2 qualifications.
    Please see the OCR website for more details

2. DM

DM New commenter

Looks interesting.

3. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

It does look interesting - was looking at their letter to us this morning. Why do we have to wait till September OCR? I'd like a look now.

4. DM

DM New commenter

They are teasing us Casy.

5. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Pah! - Sure they could show us now if they wanted to!

Some of us like to plan ahead.

6. Great Idea and awesome for schools using OCR currently
    Im not sure I would be willing to 'register our students for GCE exams with OCR' just to get this though,

7. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

I'm being bombarded with publicity for this right now - all of OCR, OUP and Hodder are sending me links and questionnaires. You don't have to be using OCR at all, by the way, they want to give them away free to everybody.

8. Really? - does it mean they dont have to sit the exams, just register?
    The site states the following: <a>How much will this cost my school?[/URL]
    Nothing. Once you register your students for a particular GCE, your eBooks will be provided free of charge after September 2011. It's as simple as that

9. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter

This seems to suggest they are willing to provide the resource to all schools?
    The word currently does worry be a bit - i.e this could be interpretted as you dont currently need to do OCR but you will need to do it in the future!
    Anyway if it is just for centres that use OCR that would still fair to me and providing such a free resource has to be good - well done OCR

10. OCR

OCR

The offer is available to all schools and colleges teaching A Levels, not just those that currently use OCR's AS and A2 qualifications.