1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free e-books and newspapers for your Kindle, iRiver, Sony Reader, iPad etc.

Discussion in 'Book club' started by TheoGriff, Jan 3, 2011.

1. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

My new Kindle came this week, and I've downloaded a couple of hundred books so far.

I'm now busily looking at the free offerings on smashwords.

2. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I will bear that in mind theo - and be looking on jungle search! Thanks.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Today's freebies seny by Jungle search. Sign up if you ghaven't already - rea;lly worth it to get an e-mail like this in the morning.
    NB the prices change fast - these may not all be free when you click on them.

<table><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Guilty as Sin ~ Adam Croft
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mysteries, No. 1) ~ Kate Johnson
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>In the Belly of Jonah: A Liv Bergen Mystery ~ Sandra Brannan
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>The Voyage of Promise (Grace in Africa) ~ KAY MARSHALL STROM
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>This Fine Life: A Novel ~ Eva Marie Everson
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Solitary: A Novel (Solitary Tales Series) ~ T ravis Thrasher
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Admit One: My Life in Film ~ Emmett James
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>The Swan House ( The Swan House Series #1) ~ Elizabeth Musser
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>The Sentinels: Fortunes of War ~ Gordon Zuckerman
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Journey to the Well: A Novel ~ Diana Wallis Taylor
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Let's Go Europe 2011: The Student Travel Guide ~ Inc., Harvard Student Agencies
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Marked: a Northern Shifters novel ~ Joely Skye
    </td></tr></table>

I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Seems like Jungle search has a score of books this morning. Sign up to get the daily list of Amazon Freebies.
    Masses of health and fitness ones today - here's just a sample.
    <table id="yui_3_2_0_3_130851850985893"><tr id="yui_3_2_0_3_1308518509858130"><td> </td><td id="yui_3_2_0_3_1308518509858129"> </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Run Your First Marathon: The How-To
    Guide
    ~ Mark Moran
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Six-Pack Abs in Six Weeks: The How-To Guide ~ Tony Donato
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Circuit Training: The How-To Guide ~ Tony Donato
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Get a Ripped Chest in Six Weeks: The How-To Guide ~ Tony Donato
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Kettlebell Fitness: The How-To Guide ~ Melanie Klesse
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Break Up Your Gym Routine: The How-To Guide ~ Tony Donato

</td></tr></table>
    Good luck

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bump

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bump

Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com

8. Thanks for this really helpful information, Theo. As a recent purchaser of a Kobo Vox (colour Andoid ereader and so much more - &pound;147 at Asda), I shall be looking at these myself. I will also pin this thread at the top [​IMG]

9. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

I have just ventured in here for the first time... But certainly not the last! I have an old Sony e-reader, which I love but OH has just been given a Kindle so I shall point him in this direction too!!
    :0)

10. My Kindle arrived today - it is my new "best thing ever" - got a bit carried away with the freebies listed here, but the holidays start soon...
    Just wondering, erm how do you delete stuff - if I keep going at this rate it will be full by the end of the month lol

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sorry Luvinit - I don't look on this thread for new posts.
    Best to start a new thread with a question, or add to the Kindle Club.
    You go to Home, select a book, then side click to the left to delete.
    If you are nervous that you might delete the wrong book, then instead, side click to the right, which gives you a menu to select Delete. This gives you a chance to have second thoughts!
    Any book bought from Amazon is kept by them for you and can always be downloaded again, so you don't lose it for ever. Other books, you should keep a copy on your hard disk in a Kindle Library folder, and Back It Up regularly!
    I have tousands and thousands of Kindle books - I bet you don't really fill it up!
    Best wishes

12. Great resource. Now I really have motivation to get a Kindle. I could always read digital files on my computer, but that's not very comfortable.

13. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Occasional commenter

Advice needed please.

I've decided to go for kindle at last and am unsure about whether to register it to amazon.co.uk account or amazon.es (or another). In addition to books, I would like to be able to read ElPais on line, but amazon.co.uk won't allow me to buy a subscription.

Is there a way round this?

Thanks

Edited to add: I think it does allow me after all. I'm going to give it a go....

14. colpee

colpee Star commenter

I have had an e-reader for nearly a year and have not spent a penny on ebooks, having got everything from Gutenberg and its sister site http://gutenberg.net.au/

Thanks for the other links; I'm off to browse.

15. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

16. suem75

suem75 Occasional commenter

I've enjoyed literally hundreds of books via ereaderiq thanks to this thread. But, on my last attempt to visit the website, it seems the co.uk one is gone, leaving only the .com one.

Any idea what happened?

17. 576

576 Established commenter

Just discovered bookbub - tell it your preferred genres, and book providers and it will email you daily with free or cheap books.

18. Me too - it's great! Just downloaded 23 free books. Not sure when I'll have chance to read them, but still....................!

19. Here is another place where I found some Hemingway literature, ofc they have plenty of other reads:

http://ebookbees.com/