1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free Data Science workshop for secondary schools

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by oscar1mn, Jan 25, 2020.

1. oscar1mn

oscar1mn New commenter

I work on a digital marketing company that has a desire to support our community. We have developed a data science workshop for secondary school students as a way to promote the STEM curriculum. If you are a teacher delivering part of the STEM curriculum, interested in us coming to your school for a free one hour workshop, get in contact with me, we can explain you the contents of the workshop and discuss the best way to deliver it.

We are based in Edinburgh and we could travel to schools as far as 20 miles from Edinburgh.

Thanks for reading.

2. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

It's great to hear of a company willing to support schools in promoting the STEM curriculum. It's a shame my school is nowhere near Edinburgh or I'd be getting in touch with you to find out more about your workshop.

To help make contact with schools local to you, I suggest you contact SSERC (the Scottish Schools Education Research Centre) if you haven't already done so. Their mission is 'to inspire, enthuse and support STEM educators for the benefit of all learners' so it sounds to me that you could be of use to each other. SSERC has contacts in schools in the Edinburgh area (and across the whole of Scotland) so they would be able to let schools know of your kind offer. Darren Grant is SSERC's education manager for digital learning so he would probably be the best person to contact:
    https://www.sserc.org.uk
    @SSERCDigital
    @DXGrant01

3. oscar1mn

oscar1mn New commenter

Thanks Bonxie! I've just emailed him. If you tell me more or less where you are based I can put the question and see if we get funding to go there.