1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Free CPD

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by pepper5, Oct 31, 2015.

1. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi everyone

Form some schools, Monday will be a CPD for their teachers and support staff. This made me want tomfind out about what might be free online for teachers' CPD since In don't have a lot of cash to pay for courses.

Surprisingly after doing a very quick search online I found an organisation called Future Learn which provides some interesting online courses free.

snowyhead likes this.
  2. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

Thank you @pepper5. NCETM is a very useful source of CPD and resources for mathmatics in primary and secondary - like most websites it requires registration

3. missrturner

missrturner Occasional commenter

The Open University has some free CPD courses that take about a second to sign up to. You work through them at your own pace and at the end you get a certificate to say you have completed it. They range from reflective practice to elements of the early years.

They might be worth a look. Usually about 5 hours long, so you could get through one over a weekend easily.
    http://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses

snowyhead likes this.
  4. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Thanks snowy and missrtirner for the additional links as I am sure they will come in useful.

5. PizzoCalabro

PizzoCalabro Established commenter

Fab - thanks!!!! If I ma off tomorrow will do the Classical Latin - what a great resource!

pepper5 likes this.
  6. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Go Pizzo!

PizzoCalabro likes this.
  7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Only if you deliver it in the voice of Alexander the Meerkat

PizzoCalabro likes this.
  8. PizzoCalabro

PizzoCalabro Established commenter

I do have an Meerkat toy here @ home as it happens, courtesy of car insurance :)