1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Free Book of Creative Maths Lessons in Exchange for Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Andrew Jeffrey, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Hi TES friends, I have just completed my book 'Maths at the Drop of a Hat', aimed at providing creative lesson ideas for times when you find yourself with very little time to plan or to gather resources.
    Most of the lessons are aimed at KS2 but there are some ideas suitable for KS1 as well.
    I would very much appreciate the wisdom of some of the people on here in trialling activities, spotting any improvements, spelling errors, etc. so would like to offer a free electronic copy to the first 5 people to post their details on here. If you don't want to put your email address on the forum, but would like to help, you can just put a message on here and then send me a PM.
    Due to the timescales, I would need comments to be returned to me quite promptly and certainly before the end of term so that I can get back to my designer with any changes.

2. I know I am past number five but if you could keep hold of my email and let me know when this book is available. I would love some more creative ideas for maths.

lil-kate88@hotmail.co.uk

3. I'd be more than happy to try out your suggestions. Will PM you.

4. Did anyone receive the Book of Creative Maths? I was really looking forward to it but have heard nothing and gather from AJ's monthly newsletter that they have been sent out.[​IMG]

Ah well - I shall look forward to the published book....

5. Andrew Jeffrey

Hi everyone - I hope you have had a chance to look at the book now as I would really value finding out how you all got on. I am hoping to go to print in the next couple of weeks and have only had feedback from a couple of folk so far.

(BPM, sorry that I could not send it out to everyone who asked, but if you still want to take a look that's OK; send me an email and I will send a pdf copy.)

6. Andrew I was one of the first 5 to respond but you didn't send me a copy! Could you plese send me a PDF to loupete.taylor@btinternet.com?
    Many thanks

7. only just come across this thread!
    Can I have a copy please?
    MissH

8. HI,

Iposted earlier too- would love a look. writetosinead@hotmail.com

9. Andrew Jeffrey

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!
    I have been rather pre-occupied recently with sadder things, but the good news is that I have just emailed all of you (I hope I haven't missed anyone but if I have, I apologise in advance!) with a copy of the fully professionally produced Maths At The Drop of A Hat to say a huge if incredibly belated thank you for all your offers of help.
    I am sorry that things have been slow but I aim to keep my word even if it takes a while! AJ x

10. confusedaspie

confusedaspie New commenter

Hi

I would be interested in these!

Katie

11. Andrew Jeffrey

Hi Katie - they are all on my site but probably the quickest thing is to google 'Maths At The Drop Of A Hat' which should find the right page!

12. Thanks for the link. Have purchased Maths at the drop of the hat and maths displays. Will be using these for when I move into Year 2!!!